Fresh Strawberry Cake
First step: mix the cake mix with the jello powder
Add all the wet ingredients
and gently fold in the diced strawberries
The batter was a pretty pink color before going in the oven
It smelled amazing right out of the oven
Final touch was to add the homemade cream cheese icing
Served with vanilla ice cream and a strawberry on top
Fresh Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
1 box vanilla, white or yellow cake mix
1 (3 oz.) box strawberry gelatin mix (Jell-O)
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 pint fresh strawberries (or 1 cup crushed fresh strawberries)
1/2 block (4 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 caking pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. Rinse strawberries, dice them up, and place them in a ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush them up.
3. In a bowl, combine the cake mix and jello powder and mix.
4. Next, stir in oil, eggs, and water. Once that is combined, gently fold in strawberries.
5. Pour batter in cake pan and bake for 30-33 minutes.
6. Allow cake to cool completely before adding icing.
7. To make the icing, mix together the softened cream cheese and softened butter. Mix until smooth and lump-free.
8. Next, mix in powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Mix until smooth and creamy.
9. Frost cooled cake, slice, and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
from The Country Cook