Tuesday, June 25, 2013

You Are My Sunshine Baby Shower

On Saturday afternoon, I hosted one of my best friend's baby shower who happens to be due exactly 5 weeks before me.  Lynn & her husband know they're having a girl but Lynn isn't one to go overboard with a really girly pink theme so I thought the yellow & gray "You are My Sunshine" theme would be perfect.  Plus, she loves chevron and I was lucky enough to add that into the overall theme as well.
 
The most challenging part of planning Lynn's shower is the fact that she's a graphic designer and is usually in charge of designing all of our friend's wedding invites, shower invites, etc. so I was on my own for this one.  I found a great party pack on Etsy from Becca Lee Paperie & Design that included digital files for invites, banner, water bottle labels, cupcake toppers, and wishes for baby.  She customized the invites and then all I had to do with everything was go to FedEx Office to print it all.
 
There were 16 guests for the shower and after a busy Friday afternoon & Saturday morning, the shower went off without a hitch and was a success! 
 
All the yellow & gray chevron details:
 
The framed printables were free printables I found online and printed at FedEx Office, the banner is from the Etsy party pack, and our friend, Megan, made the awesome diaper cake

Close up of diaper cake

The dessert table with mini bite cookies from Cookie Crumbs (a woman in Powell who has an in-home cookie business that I've used several times in the past), cupcakes, and a cake

The cake

Cupcakes with cupcake toppers and framed invite

Food table with veggies, fruit kabobs, sandwiches, Japanese chicken salad, and marinated tomato mozzarella pasta (and thanks to Megan, Lindsey, and my mom who helped with some of the food, drinks & dessert!)

Bottled water with customized labels....we also had a strawberry champagne punch and pineapple lemonade punch that I forgot to take a picture of

Cookie favors from Cookie Crumbs
 
A better picture of the cookie platter and a few of the individually wrapped cookie favors

Wishes for the Baby for the guests to fill out
 
Guests had to guess the overall price of all these baby items and the two who came the closest won a travel mug & Starbucks gift card

The beautiful mama-to-be!

Friends from high school....the guys & Todd all went out for drinks while the girls were at the shower

Handmade quilt by Megan

Part of the Sexy 7...Megan, me, Lynn, Lindsey, and Lauren....we missed you, Courtney & Katie!

It was such a great, fun afternoon and it's always nice when you plan a shower/party and it's a success!

1 comment:

LYNN said...

The shower was more than I could have hoped for! I'm so lucky to have a shower planner like you!!