Thursday, August 22, 2013

Burgers & Beer in Cleveland

Over this past weekend, Todd & I took one last trip out of town before Baby Rodrick arrives next month.  We took a day trip up to Cleveland to visit one of my best friends, Emily, and her husband, Mark, who had just recently bought a house.  We were able to check out their new house and then went and had lunch at one of Michael Symon's restaurants, B Spot Burger.  The weather was perfect and we were able to sit out on the patio to enjoy our delicious lunch. 
 
This baby is definitely taking up a lot more space now because my appetite is so much smaller than it used to be.  I ended up eating most of a burger, some fries, and a milkshake and was so full that I didn't eat again until lunch the next day.  Seriously, what is this baby doing to me?  I used to be able to eat an entire pizza in one sitting with no problem....no joke. Anyways, it was such a great afternoon to visit even though it was just for a few hours. 
 
Outside of B Spot

Note the vanilla milkshake in the left hand corner

Em & Mark

Todd & I


Look at all that delicious food!

I got the Thin Lizzy burger with dill pickles, grilled onions, cheese and mayo

Todd & Mark both got the Lola burger with a sunny side up egg, bacon, pickled red onions, cheese, and mayo

Em & I (and my bump)
 
After lunch, Todd & I said good-bye to Emily & Mark and headed over to Great Lakes Brewing Company for a tour.  I'm honestly surprised we hadn't been to this brewery yet for the tour so when we planned our day trip to see Em & Mark, I knew we had to go on the tour.  Todd was pretty excited I had planned this for him.....I mean, us.

Great Lakes
 
Outside the brewery
 
Making beer

The tasting room

Baby & I got 2 samples....which I gave to Todd

and then he got 2 samples for himself....I think Todd's going to be upset when I'm not pregnant any more and can actually drink

After the hour long tour, we went over to the Great Lakes restaurant and bar so Todd could try a few more beers that they only make specifically for the restaurant and bar.  We hung out for a little bit before driving back home late in the afternoon.

Todd loves his beer

No comments: