Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bump Update: Week 39



How far along: 39 weeks & 3 days

Size of baby: About 20 inches long, weighs a little over 7 lbs., and is the size of a watermelon

Weight gain: 18.5 pounds (lost a pound in the last week)

Maternity clothes: Maternity pants/shorts and regular & maternity tops & dresses

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions & cramping (same as the past few weeks although the cramping seems to get a little worse each week)

Gender: Girl

Exercise: Last week of teaching Spin/TRX on Tues/Thurs early morning until the end of October; also doing 30 min of running/walking a few days/week

Food cravings: Fries and milkshakes

Food aversions: Nothing

Movement: Lots of pokes and jabs

Sleep: As I near the end of pregnancy, I can say that I'm so thankful I've slept great this entire time.  Again this past week, I've had to get up to pee 3-4 times/night but I fall right back asleep so it doesn't really bother me.

Looking forward to: Doctor appointment on Friday...not a lot of progress last week as I'm still at 1 cm dilated and went from about 50% effaced to 60% effaced but my doctor seemed to think she was a lower too.  My doctor also said we might start discussing an induction date on Friday.  She doesn't want me to go 10 days past my due date and she happens to be on call that night....the bad thing is that isn't until Oct 2 which seems so far away!  Also looking forward to being done with work...I plan on working until I go into labor (which hopefully doesn't actually happen at work) but I mentally checked out about a week ago.  I really don't want to have to go to work for another 2 weeks but hey, if it means getting paid longer on maternity leave, I'm okay with it.

Best moment of the week: At the end of last week, we had an ultrasound to make sure baby girl was okay since I was measuring small and the good news is that she's doing great!  As the ultrasound tech put it, I must have abs of steel (I'd like to credit that to the years of teaching an Abs/Core class). Amniotic fluid is normal and she's measuring about 6 lbs. 3 oz.  She is really squished though and the ultrasound photos we got are hilarious as her whole face looks squished.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe the end is so close! We briefly talked induction which would probably be Sept 30/Oct 1, which seems like forever away! I bet you'll go before me, my cervix has no change whatsoever!

Not So Newlyweds said...

LOVE your pics!! Good luck!