Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's Day Tradition

My favorite part of Valentine's day every year are the handmade valentines that my dad makes for me.  His dad made them for him and his siblings and he continued the tradition. My dad used to make them for my brother too but once my brother got old enough, he didn't quite appreciate them like I do. This year it was even more special because Lucy received her first one.

Lucy with her first valentine from Grandpa

The front of the card...you can tell Lucy enjoyed playing with it because it's all wrinkled

One of the valentines I got this year

I've saved mine over the years and have over 60!

One of the older ones he made me...

and the inside (you can tell it's old just because of the model of the car!)

I'm sure once Lucy is old enough, she'll love getting these every year too!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is SO sweet!!

BeckyJo606 said...

This is REALLY sweet!! I love that he does this for you and now Lucy!

Miche said...

Those are darling, how sweet that he does that for you every year!
Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

Bethany said...

Wow, what a special tradition! You have a super thoughtful Dad!