Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Another Winter Weekend

Thankfully, the forecast was a little wrong this weekend and instead of the 8 inches of snow we were supposed to get, we only ended up with a couple inches.  I'm sure everyone is beyond ready for spring to finally arrive...I know I am!  I'm literally itching to take Lucy on afternoon walks outside and to log some miles on the weekends outside and not on the treadmill.  With all that being said, we spent the majority of our weekend cooped up in our house but were able to still get out to run some errands and have some fun.
 
Todd had Saturday morning duty with Lucy while I was subbing a Spin/TRX class at 7:30 AM and he lucked out when Lucy decided to sleep in until after 8:00 AM.  By the time I got home from the studio, Lucy had just finished eating.  I also got a text while I was teaching that the 1st birthday party we were supposed to go to on Sunday afternoon was being changed to Saturday afternoon because of the winter storm prediction.  We spent most of Saturday just hanging out around the house before the party but did venture out in the late morning to go buy a deep freezer. Todd & I had been talking about it for a few months and we decided to finally bite the bullet and buy one.  I thought they were more expensive than they really are so I think it's going to be a good investment, mainly because we are literally out of freezer space in our fridge freezer because of the 500+ oz. of pumped milk I have been stocking up.
 
If you know me, you know I hate basements so the freezer is in our garage

An afternoon nap was in order before the birthday party....nothing better than a sleeping baby on your chest

The 1st birthday party we went to was for one of my former coworker's daughter, Mary.  It was a pretty small party but was really fun and it was Lucy's first birthday party.  She already has her second party at the end of the month.  Looks like we've officially switched gears from attending weddings to attending kids' birthday parties.

Dessert table...my favorite part of any party

The smash cake set-up

Lucy enjoying the party
 
Hanging out with dad during the party

Mary loved the car we got her....my friend even texted me a picture the next day of her riding around on it
 
Lucy didn't sleep in quite as long on Sunday morning but it ended up being a good thing because it jump started Todd (I was already up, had run, and showered) to finish putting the first coat of drylok paint on the basement walls.  He finished just in time to run a few more errands before my dad came over to see Lucy.  My mom gets to see her Monday-Thursday morning when I'm at work but since my dad is also at work, he misses out on seeing her so he's been coming over on Sunday afternoons for a little bit.  Lucy was in a great mood yesterday and I know my dad was really happy to see her.

Grandpa & Lucy

After he left, Lucy spent about an hour just playing on her activity mat.  Todd was also trying to teach her to roll over but she wasn't having any of that.

Looking at her toys hanging above her

Playing with some toys

Rolling onto her side and trying to eat the activity mat....

and picking it up off the ground
 
Lucy took a rare late afternoon nap and after we had pizza for our traditional pizza night, Lucy played in my lap while I caught up on the Bachelor from earlier in the week.  I hadn't realized there were 2 episodes!
 
Lucy loves her taggies puppy dog

Trying to explain to Lucy about the Bachelor
 
 Even though we didn't really have anything planned for the weekend, it seems like we still find plenty to do and they always fly by!  We have 2 play dates lined up this weekend before we have a couple weekends with no plans.  Hopefully by then we'll be able to start heading outside if the weather is nice!


1 comment:

BeckyJo606 said...

I was so relieved it wasn't a terrible storm also! I am very ready for spring and all of the fun that stroller walks and runs will bring. I am glad Lucy picked out such a cute gift for her friend--it definitely looks like fun! Glad you had a good weekend. :)