Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Taking it Easy While Still Getting Out


Since I was starting to feel a little bit better by the end of the last week and was able to start walking a bit more, Todd, Lucy, and I walked to the new Penn Station they built a quarter mile from our house for dinner on Friday night.  It was perfect for a casual, low-key Friday night.  Once we got home and Lucy to bed, Todd & I watched a movie.
 
Outside Penn Station ready to walk home after eating

On Saturday morning, we were up early to hit up the Worthington Farmers' Market.  I had seen on Facebook that Chipotle was going to have a stand set up to celebration National Farmers' Market week and remembered they gave away some great coupons for free food last year.  We got there shortly after the Farmers' Market "opened" and there was already a line for the Chipotle stand.  They were giving out buy one get one free coupons as well as $5 vouchers to use at any vendor at the market.

People in line at the Chipotle stand

Our free coupons

We ended up buying some cucumbers, green beans, cheese, and a pan of cinnamon rolls (which were so tasty!) and only spent a few dollars of our own money since we had two $5 vouchers.

Todd buying the cucumbers

Beautiful morning at the Farmers' Market
 
In between naptimes, we headed out to Easton to do some shopping.  We did a lot of window shopping but did end up buying the one thing we went for---Lucy's first pair of Toms!  They are so adorable and I can't wait for her first time wearing them.
 
For dinner on Saturday night, our neighborhood was having their annual "cookout" (we had pizza, salad, and wings) so we walked down to the neighborhood park and shelter house and were able to meet a bunch of people.  I had no idea our neighborhood had so many little ones that are right around Lucy's age!  Since Todd is the HOA president, he already knew quite a few of the people but it was a great chance for me to meet people for hopefully some potential play dates.  Plus, our neighborhood has occasional ladies' nights so I'm excited to try to go to the next one.
 
After our regular Sunday morning grocery shopping trip, Lucy must've been wiped out from the day before because she went down for a 2 hour nap and we actually ended up waking her up for lunch.  While she was napping, I got some food prepped for the week and made Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler
 
Before & After

The weather was absolutely gorgeous on Sunday afternoon so after lunch, we headed over to Zoombezi Bay.  We hadn't taken Lucy in about a month so it was a little bit different this time since she's now crawling but it was fun nonetheless.  I still can't sit for long periods of time or get in the water because I still have stitches and steri strips on my incision so we didn't stay for too long.  Just enough time for her splash around, crawl around, enjoy the water and sun, and wear her out for a long afternoon nap (which worked!). 

Ready for the pool

Soaking in the sun with my girl
 
I was supposed to go to a work meeting for the fitness studio I teach at in the afternoon but decided that morning not to go since it would require sitting on the floor for an hour and a half and I know that wouldn't be a smart decision with my back.  Instead, I was able to spend the afternoon with Todd while Lucy was napping.   After Lucy was up, Todd's cousin stopped by for a visit and to have some pizza with us.  We hadn't seen her since Easter so it was nice to catch up and she was able to play with Lucy for a bit.  Once she left, we gave Lucy her bath and got her to bed and then Todd and I caught up on some TV while eating our Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler with vanilla ice cream.  Perfect way to end our weekend!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny!
Thanks for following Sunshine Praises! I am glad to follow another Buckeye Blogger and runner!

If you have a chance to come back to the blog, link up on the Buckeye Blogger linky at the top of my page.