Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sonoma: Day 1-3

Last Wednesday morning, Todd, Lucy, & I, along with my parents, flew out to San Francisco for Jeff (my brother) and Meghan's wedding in Sonoma.  I was actually pretty nervous about how Lucy would do on the flight, with the 3 hour time change, staying up later than normal, and sleeping in our hotel room but I'm so relieved to say that it went better than I could have imagined and she was as close to perfect as we could've asked for!  I will say, I'm so glad that we bought her a seat on the plane because she was very antsy and was constantly moving around and onto our laps.  Luckily, we had packed enough to keep her entertained for the 4+ hours of flying and she did well despite not taking a nap.

This recap of our trip is part 1 of 2 and highlights our first few days which included flying to San Francisco, visiting some wineries, and the rehearsal & rehearsal dinner.

Day 1 (Wednesday, January 14)
Loaded with up lots of new toys & books on our flight

She watched part of an Elmo dvd too

Officially in San Francisco and proud to say we survived the flight....

and literally 2 minutes later, Lucy was passed out

First stop...lunch at In-N-Out

Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge on our drive up to Sonoma
 
Arriving at our hotel for the trip, which is where the wedding was also held
 
Main entrance
 
Lobby

Outdoor pool area which is where the cocktail hour for the wedding was held

Side view of the building along with some of the vines (I'm assuming they must make their own wine?)

The stone building on the left is where the wedding ceremony was held which was later transformed into the dance floor and the white tent is where the dinner for the reception was held
 
Dinner at HopMonk Tavern
 

Day 2 (Thursday, January 15)

I always love trying new fitness studios when we go out of town & was able to do a TRX Circuit class
 
Sonoma Plaza

Cute archways that led to some shops and wine tasting rooms

Lunch at the Sonoma Cheese Factory

My parents watched Lucy for a couple hours so Todd & I could go to some wineries....first up was Sebastiani
 
Inside the tasting room
 
Enjoying a couple tasters
Todd & I

We purchased a bottle from there....we need to start restocking our wine fridge!

A view of their vineyards
Our second stop was at Buena Vista Winery

Outside of the tasting room

Inside the tasting room

More delicious wine
Selfie
 
We drove back down to San Francisco that evening to have dinner with Todd's friends that used to work at Honda and moved out there to work for Tesla....we hadn't seen some of them since our last trip there in 2012 so it was awesome to visit with them

Day 3 (Friday, January 16)

I rarely get manicures but my mom & I splurged and had one at the spa at the resort and I absolutely loved this neutral color
 
Hanging out with one of the flower girls at the rehearsal

Wedding rehearsal

The rehearsal dinner was at Cline Cellars in their barrel room

Another view
 
Lucy playing with her cousins
 
Everyone mingling before dinner

Family shot (it was cold in the room even with the space heaters which is why we have our coats on)

My dad giving a speech

This meal was delicious and I loved the potato dumplings underneath the meat

After we got back to the hotel, we had a cake to celebrate my Uncle's birthday
 
Once we celebrated his birthday, we put Lucy to bed and then headed downstairs to the hotel bar for some drinks and to hang out with family and friends that made the trip out to California.  We bought a cheap baby monitor (sound only) and were lucky that our room was directly above the bar and we got great reception on the monitor.  It ended up being a really fun evening!
 
Part 2 will be posted tomorrow which includes all the wedding details!


No comments: