Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Another Busy Weekend

Last weekend was a busy one as we had our 8 year old nephew, Andrew, staying with us.  His family came down to go the Columbus Zoo on Friday and we had them over for dinner that evening.  Todd's sister, brother-in-law, and our niece drove back home that evening and Andrew stayed with us until Sunday morning.  We had lots planned for him including Zoombezi Bay and a Crew game.
 
We started our weekend off by walking to Handel's for ice cream on Friday evening

Saturday was another hot sunny day so we got to Zoombezi Bay right before they opened and got some great seats under an umbrella; by the time Todd & Andrew left in the afternoon (Lucy & I left a little earlier than them), Zoombezi Bay was at max capacity & they weren't letting anyone else in

Our view of Baboon Lagoon from our seats while eating lunch

After Zoombezi Bay, Todd grilled out dinner while the kids played with the water table (and our hydrangeas are finally blooming!)

Lucy & I hung out on Saturday evening reading books & coloring....

while Todd & Andrew went to the Crew game

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for Sunday.  We all went to church and then Todd, Andrew & Lucy drove an hour & a half to meet Andrew's family and Todd's parents for lunch and to drop Andrew off. I don't like car trips and after way too many this summer already, the last thing I wanted to do was to be in the car for another 3 hours.  Instead, I had a few hours to myself to run errands and get a pedicure at The W Nail Bar in the Short North.  It was relaxing & guilt-free since I knew I wasn't really missing time with Lucy since they were going to just be in the car and she'd be napping for part of it.

The W Nail Bar

I started with a buttermilk soak

They use copper bowls instead of tubs with jets because it's cleaner & more natural

I initially thought I was going to get a bright summer color but instead went with a purple/gray color
 
Our busy weekend is flowing right into our week as went to dime-a-dog night at the Clippers' game on Monday, Lucy had her 1st haircut last night, and tonight, we have her last swim lesson.  

No comments: