Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hot Summer Weekend

It finally felt like summer this past weekend and we were so excited to spend time soaking up the sun and splashing in the pool on both Saturday and Sunday.  Throw in an evening at the Jazz & Rib Fest and running a race with Lucy and I'd say it was pretty much the perfect summer weekend.
 
On Saturday morning, I rushed home from subbing a TRX class at PAI so we could get to Zoombezi Bay right around when it opened before it got too crowded.  I'm glad we got there when we did because shortly after we got there it was packed and there's no way we would've found chairs.  Lucy found a new favorite slide to go down at Baboon Lagoon (apparently she's close to 36 inches tall because she made the cutoff for going down) and we took her into the wave pool too.
 
Always have to take a family selfie

Todd & I

Lucy & I at Baboon Lagoon waiting for the big bucket of water to tip over (Todd brought his GoPro camera so we snapped a few pictures and took some videos)

Relaxing on the lazy river

Even though it was 90 degrees on Saturday, we still decided to head downtown for the Jazz & Rib Fest after Lucy was up from her nap.  I swear that this festival is always on the hottest weekend of the year and this past weekend was no different.  Apparently the heat doesn't stop everyone from enjoying the delicious food though because it was packed.  We stood in line for about 15 minutes for some ribs, cornbread, baked beans, coleslaw, and mac & cheese and found a spot on the grass to sit and listen to the jazz music at a nearby stage.  After we ate, we walked around the rest of the festival where we ran into Todd's cousin and one of his friends.  We wanted to get ice cream but the line literally didn't move for 15 minutes so we stopped at Handel's on our way home instead.

View of some of the booths selling ribs from the line we were standing in

Hanging out in line

The view of the crowd from where we were sitting to eat

So many people!

I told you I always have to take a family selfie


Lucy enjoying some applesauce and mac & cheese

The food

Not so sure about the ribs

Dancing & clapping to the music
 
Sunday morning we drove to Easton so Lucy & I could participate in the Mom & Me Daisy Dash.  Lucy ran in the Mini Me 100 Yard Dash and then I pushed her in the jogging stroller for the 3 mile run/walk.  I'll have more pictures up in a couple days to recap the "races."  We rushed home from Easton to change into swimsuits and meet my dad at Wedgewood for some more pool time.  Our pool day ended a little earlier than expected though when it started to thunder and the storms rolled in.  I guess one day without rain is all we can get around here!  I can't complain though because we were able to do quite a bit this weekend and it seems like the rest of this week for the most part should be rain-free!
 
Lucy & I before the start of my 3 mile race

 
Todd, Lucy, and Grandpa in the pool

Playing with daddy in the baby pool

Break for lunch


No comments: