Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Lucy's 1st Day of Preschool

On Monday, Lucy started her first day of 2 year old preschool!  Although, really, it wasn't like a normal day because it was child orientation day so I was there with her (along with my mom who will actually be taking & picking her up each week) and we were only there for a half hour. Normally, she'll be going 1 day/week for 2.5 hours.  I'm really excited for her and while it's a bit sad that she's already old enough to go to preschool (she made the cutoff by 1 day and actually won't be 2 for another couple weeks), I know she's going to love it.  She's very social and very curious which makes for a good combination when starting school.  My only fear is that since she's the youngest kid in her class, Lucy might struggle with communicating with the teachers what she wants or following directions as well as the other kids but she's 2 so I'm pretty sure preschool is laid back at this age.

Obligatory first day of school picture

She walked right into the classroom and started playing

Naming the animals on the poster

Playing in the kitchen

All the kids took pictures with their parents that they posted on their private Shutterfly page....which is awesome since I won't ever be picking her up, I was afraid I'd miss out about hearing what they did that day but they'll post everything, including pictures, on that page

All the 2 year old preschoolers painted their hands yellow as part of the all-school handprint rainbow

Adding her hand to the rainbow

Next Monday is her first "full" day of school and I can't wait to hear all about it!  Oh, and true story, there are 10 kids in her class and 3 of them are named Lucy.  Good news is she already knows their names.

No comments: