I tend to make a pasta dish at least once a week and am always looking for something new. This recipe for Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake sparked my interest because it had chicken in it (it seems like a lot of the pasta dishes I make either use ground beef or no meat) and it was a pesto-based sauce (I tend to use marinara/red sauces). It was an easy recipe to make and I made it even easier by using precooked grilled chicken strips so I didn't have to cook up the chicken. It was a big hit and Lucy even ate some of the "mac and cheese" as she called it.
The sauce mixed together
Noodles and chicken added
Scooped into the baking dish with buttered bread crumbs on top
Ready to eat
Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake
8 ounces pasta
10 ounces diced chicken (I used precooked grilled chicken strips)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces ricotta cheese
¼ cup prepared pesto
⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup dry bread crumbs
¼ cup melted butter
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. If using precooked chicken, thaw and diced into small pieces. If using raw chicken cook thoroughly and dice.
2. In a large bowl combine the shredded cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese, pesto, whipping cream and Parmesan cheese.
3. Add cooked pasta and cooked chicken to the cheese mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
4. Transfer to a greased 9 x 9 casserole baking dish.
5. Combine melted butter and dry bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
from Six Sisters' Stuff