Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Bump Update #2: Week 16

16 weeks on February 6, 2016

16 weeks with Lucy vs. Baby #2

And just because I thought it was adorable that Lucy wanted in on the picture this week (she did the hand on her hip all on her own too!)

How far along: 16 weeks & 4 days

Size of baby: About 4.5 inches long, weighs about 3.5 ounces, and is the size of an avocado

Weight gain: 5.5 pounds

Maternity clothes: Still managing to wear all my normal clothes but each week my pants keep feeling a bit tighter

Symptoms: Peeing all the time (I really don't remember it being this frequently last time but maybe it was) and getting a heavier feeling lower in my belly as the baby gets bigger and starts taking more space

Gender: I really wish I felt strongly one way or the other but I honestly don't; luckily, we find out in a month! I guess the good thing is I won't get my hopes up one way or the other and will be excited no matter what.

Exercise: Working out 6-7 days/week; combination of teaching Spin/TRX, running, Step Mill, and taking either Clocked or In the Mix @ System of Strength

Food cravings: Fruit (apples & strawberries specifically) and veggies (carrots, celery, cucumbers) with dill dip

Food aversions: Feel lucky I haven't had any real food aversions so far during this pregnancy

Movement: Definitely feeling more movement so I know for sure those were flutters I'd been feeling the past couple weeks

Sleep: Sleeping pretty well for the most part but waking up a bit more than normal (or prior to pregnancy) because my shoulder or hip will start hurting from laying on my side and I'll need to flip to the other side

Looking forward to: Seeing our little peanut again and finding out if we're having a boy or a girl in just 2 weeks!

Best moment of the week: Dr. appointment today and hearing baby's heartbeat (140 bpm)

No comments: