Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Bump Update #2: Week 26

26 weeks on April 16, 2016

26 weeks with Lucy vs. Baby Girl #2

How far along: 26 weeks & 4 days

Size of baby: About 14 inches, weighs about 1 2/3 pounds, and is the size of a head of lettuce

Weight gain: 11.5 pounds

Maternity clothes: Finally am wearing pretty much all maternity bottoms (pants, jeans, shorts) with mostly regular shirts and a few maternity shirts.  Considering I'm almost in my 3rd trimester, I'd say it was about time even though I dread maternity clothes.

Symptoms: It was the first hotter weekend we've had since last summer/fall and I can tell I already need to slow down and try not to do quite as much as I'm used to which I'm terrible at doing.  I was pretty tired by Sunday afternoon.  Still having some SI joint pain/tight hamstrings and lots of Braxton Hicks contractions.

Gender: Pretty in pink...we're having a girl!

Exercise: Teaching and working out 6-7 days/week

Food cravings: Cheeseburgers, fries, and Diet Coke

Food aversions: Nothing

Movement: Feeling body parts poking out during bigger movements and Todd commented that my belly looked lopsided the other day

Sleep: Been really thirsty at night so I've been waking up a few times to get water and then also go to the bathroom but I always fall right back to sleep

Looking forward to: Hoping to pick out a name for baby girl #2 this weekend

Best moment of the week: Getting stuff done in the nursery so it's starting to look more like a "new" room and not Lucy's old room

1 comment:

emily said...

I vote you name the baby Ethel! :)