Monday, September 19, 2016

Low-Key Weekend

With the forecast predicting rain all of Saturday, we woke up thinking we were going to be stuck inside all day but we decided to take a chance and head to the zoo anyways.  Luckily, we made a great decision because it never really rained and only ended up sprinkling a little bit in the afternoon after we were already home.  The nice thing was the zoo wasn't crowded at all!  It was probably the least crowded I've seen it in a long time.  With my sciatica and back issues in the past couple months, I hadn't taken the girls to the zoo during my maternity leave at all so this was the first time we'd been since a week before Cece was born which means this was her first trip there.  

First stop was Heart of Africa

The girls

Lucy feeding the giraffe

Getting on the camel with daddy

Riding the camel

Posing for a picture

Next up was the pony ride (Lucy's first time riding one)

Lucy wanted to hold my hand the whole ride

After the pony ride, it was on to the petting zoo

She had to brush each goat

We walked to the other side of the zoo next (we did stop to see some animals too!) and while I fed Cece, Todd & Lucy rode the carousel

We were all pretty tired after a few hours on our feet at the zoo and spent the rest of the day at home.  The Ohio State football game was rain delayed yet again so instead of it starting at 7:30 PM, it didn't start until after 9:00 PM.  I fell asleep on the couch pretty early on into the game and Todd only made it until about halftime since he hasn't been feeling 100% the past couple days. 

On Sunday, we went to the church and Lucy had her first week of PSR class which she likes to call her church school.  She said she learned about God and Jesus so I'm guessing she was actually paying somewhat attention.  In the early afternoon, we went back to church (a different one though!) for Brody's baptism.  Todd & I were so honored when Lynn & Nathan asked us to be Brody's godparents a couple months ago and yesterday was the big day.  We had Lucy & Cecelia with us so it was a bit chaotic (especially since I'm not picking up Cece yet) but I guess it could've been a lot worse and in the end, Brody still got baptized!  We're so lucky to have such great friends and I love that our kids are also friends.

Holding Brody's baptismal candle

Ison Family & Rodrick Family (minus Cece)

No comments: