Saturday, September 3, 2016

Week 7 of Maternity Leave (aka the Week after Back Surgery)

As I mentioned in my last post, I had yet another back surgery last week (at 5.5 weeks post-partum too which has been challenging to say the least) so Todd was home with us girls all week to help not only me with my recovery but also pretty much do everything for Cecelia (besides feed her).  Luckily, Lucy is almost completely self-sufficient and only needs help with getting food ready, brushing her hair, and bath time.  She dresses herself every morning (socks & shoes included and even on the right feet!), brushes her teeth, and goes to the bathroom completely on her own.  Anyways, she's totally rocked it as my little helper this past week getting things I can't bend over to pick up or just helping out Todd.  

The first few days after back surgery (you know, since this is my third time around!) are always pretty rough and require help pretty much doing anything (getting up and down off the couch, going to the bathroom, etc.)  Poor Todd even was having to get up in the middle of the night with me so I could pump since Cece sleeps 10-11 hours straight.  We didn't really do much those first few days but by 5-6 days post-surgery, I was moving a bit better and we were able to get out of the house for some short trips.  So even though we didn't have any plans for last week, we were still able to do quite a few things.  Todd & Lucy made ice cream and cookies and went to my parents' house to water their flowers (they were out of town for 2 weeks).  Lucy also played outside with her water table and in the sprinkler, we went to a couple parks (one was for a play date with some of the other little kids that will be in Lucy's preschool class when she starts on Tuesday...Todd was the only dad there), and Todd & I also had Lucy's preschool orientation for parents.  My parents came back from vacation on Thursday afternoon so they came over on Friday to help me with the girls so Todd could work from home for a few hours.

Measuring ingredients for the ice cream

Dumping the ingredients into the ice cream maker

We made Jeni's Roasted Strawberry & Buttermilk ice cream and added some chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and sprinkles for Lucy's sundae

So excited!

Watering flowers at Grandma & Grandpa's house

Such a good helper

Running around in the sprinkler

I was able to "hold" Cece if she was laying next to me on the couch

Running around at the park

Jumping off the pedastools

Monkey bars

Playing the piano (her favorite thing at this park)

Making sugar cookies

Finally getting some real smiles out of Cece

Todd & Lucy working on writing her name

No comments: