Friday, November 18, 2016

Cecelia at 4 Months

4 months on November 18, 2016

Slow down time!  I cannot believe Cecelia is already 4 months old.  She continues to be our "go with the flow" baby and for that, we're so thankful.  Life seems even more hectic now that this is my first full month back to work but I try to soak in as much time with the girls as I can when I'm at home.  While Cece is still working on trying to roll over, she is the queen of smiles and she started to laugh this month...although her laugh almost sounds like she's coughing.  She still doesn't take a pacifier but instead will suck on her hands or her blanket.  Cece is getting stronger by the day (the pediatrician even commented on how strong her abs were....ha!) and I swear she will be sitting up on her own soon because anytime she is laying down flat, she's trying to lift her head up.  Tummy time has been going much better this month too and I suspect it's because she can lift her head up and turn it from side to side instead of having her face straight down on the floor/blanket/activity mat.   She loves her activity mat and can spend a decent amount of time playing with the toys hanging above her.  It's been a great month!

Weight: 14 lbs on November 18 (60th percentile)

Length: 25.6 in. on November 18 (92nd percentile)

Clothes: Wearing a combination of 3 month, 3-6 month, and 6 month clothes as well as size 1 diapers

Eating: Cece is still eating about 5 times/day (every 3-4 hours).  I nurse her for most feedings and she takes 1 bottle (~6-7 oz) while I'm at work when she's at my parents' house.  Since she sleeps straight through the night, I still pump when I get up at 4:30 AM before I work out and then will nurse her once she's awake a few hours later.  I also pump once while I'm at work.  Our deep freezer is getting pretty full and I'm guessing I have 500-600 oz of milk in there!

Sleeping: All I know is we are so lucky to have such another great sleeper!  The days that I work, we wake Cece up between 6:15-6:30 AM and if it's a non-work day, she will sleep in until 7:00-7:30 AM.  She takes 3 naps/day; the first two are in the morning and are roughly 30-60 minutes and then she'll take a longer nap in the afternoon that's usually around 2 hours.  Her morning naps are either on the go in her car seat, in the swing, or in the bouncy seat.  Her afternoon nap is in the crib but she's lightly swaddled. We're usually putting her to bed between 7:30-8:00 PM and we won't hear a peep from her until the morning.  Literally, we haven't had to go in her room once at night in the past month.  Since she'd been napping in the crib, we decided to transition her out of the Rock 'n Play at night a couple weeks ago and she had no problem sleeping all night in the crib.  The past couple weeks we've also lightly swaddle her at night; she will typically get one of her arms out (usually her right arm) and it doesn't seem to bother her so last night we left both her arms out and she slept great!  Hoping that trend continues!

Likes: Putting everything in her mouth, drooling, when we make faces at her, eating & sleeping

Dislikes: Pacifiers, being tired and awake

Milestones: started laughing, first Halloween, first trip to Leetonia, transitioned completely out of rock 'n play and into crib, first time at Mango's Place (hourly drop off child care)





No comments: