Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Father's Day Weekend 2017

I was so excited for this past weekend so the girls & I could spoil Todd for Father's Day.  He works so hard for our family and deserves some time to kick back, relax, and enjoy one of his favorite things--beer!  I could go on and on about how great he is as a husband and father but I'm pretty sure everyone feels that way about their husband (or at least I'd hope so!) so I think I'll skip that.  

We missed the girls' swim lessons a week ago because of Lucy's dance recital but we were back in the pool again on Saturday morning.  I took Cece again while Todd watched Lucy but we plan on swapping this Saturday so I can watch Lucy.  Afterwards, we changed out of our swimsuits and headed to the Worthington Farmers' Market to walk around.  It was our first time going to the outdoor market this season and I'm hoping to make it a few times this summer.  

Getting ready to head into the pool (luckily, Cece's lessons are in the therapy pool which they keep warmer than the regular pool that Lucy's lessons are in)

Swimming with Cece

She loves being in the water

Lucy swimming in her lessons

My favorite vendor at the farmers' market is the booth with sweets and desserts (we might have bought a loaf of chocolate bread....which is actually just cake)

Lucy picked out a red velvet cake pop (which she told me tasted like velvet) and Cece was busy chewing on her pacifier clip

On Saturday evening, I had booked a babysitter through Juggle and while we had never met her before, she had great reviews and Lucy loved her!  We've had a hard time finding days that our high school sitter is free that lines up with our schedule so we decided to try Juggle and it worked out.  Hopefully we can keep it consistent and try to book the same sitter each time since we're going to attempt going back to our monthly date nights.  I had made reservations for Todd & I at Rockmill Tavern in the Brewery District on Saturday evening and it was fantastic!  I don't even think it's been open a year but we've had it on our list of restaurants we've been wanting to try out and although we've been to their brewery before, there were still a few beers by Rockmill that Todd had yet to have.  Todd got a taster tray, of course, and our meals were delicious.  We both got a burger and split a side of fries and a side of brussel sprouts.  After dinner, we still had some time to kill before heading back home to the babysitter so we made a stop at Cap City Diner for dessert.

Rockmill Tavern in the Brewery District

They had 12 beers on the menu and Todd had tried all of them but 3 until he had his taster tray

Selfie after dinner

And then we got to Cap City and I couldn't decide between two desserts so we got both and now I have plenty of leftovers for the week

On Sunday for Father's Day, the girls & I took Todd & my dad out to lunch at Restoration Brew Worx in downtown Delaware.  I planned this place because I knew neither one of them had tried any of their beers before and I had heard the food was good (and it was kid-friendly, a huge plus!).  Again, taster trays were involved and we had a great time.  We keep saying we need to head to Delaware more often to check out some of the other restaurants in that area.

Restoration Brew Worx in Delaware

We got there right when it opened at noon so it wasn't crowded yet; I really liked the feel of the restaurant though

My dad & Todd with their taster trays

Grandpa with the girls

Daddy & his girls

No comments: