Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Recital Weekend

Lucy's dance recital was on Saturday and Todd's parents were coming into town on Friday afternoon to stay with us for the weekend so before they arrived, the girls & I were able to meet up with Lynn & her kids for a play date at  Delaware Veterans Park.  There's a great splash pad and playground there and we were able to play for about 2 hours before the rain clouds rolled in.  Once my in-laws arrived, we grilled out and got dessert at Moon Rolls Ice Cream, a new local rolled ice cream shop.  

Typical scene at our house--the girls wearing costumes while singing & dancing

Splash pad fun with Olive & Brody

So happy that they actually like each other since Lynn & I basically forced this friendship since birth

Attempting to climb like a big girl; spoiler alert: this was as far as she made it

Still can't believe these girls are almost 5 and can do pretty much everything on the playground by themselves

At Moon Rolls Ice Cream on Friday evening

Lucy watching them make hers

Rolling up my ice cream

Nothing gets a bigger smile than ice cream!

I picked a vanilla base with m&ms, nutella, and hershey's

PaPa & Lucy

Cece was straight lounging with her ice cream

After an early class at System of Strength in Clintonville, I came home to get ready so we could all check out the new Dublin Market at Bridge Park.  It was the first one ever and it was packed!  There was a good variety of vendors (produce, meat, flowers, dessert, etc.) so we'll definitely be back again.  I was excited to see The Cheesecake Girl and bought one of her new cheesecake pops which was the perfect size and quite tasty. Later in the afternoon, we headed to the Lincoln Theatre for Lucy's recital with Powell Dance Academy.  This was her 2nd year of performing in the recital and she did so well!  Last year she was in ballet as a 3 year old and this year she did tap which she will continue with next year as well.  Todd & Lucy were also in the daddy-daughter dance at the end of the recital which is so fun to watch.  The dads & daughters do a dance together and then just the dads do one together.  The theme this year was country and the dads danced to The Devil Went Down to Georgia which is a quick paced song so Todd said the routine was a lot harder than last year!  The recital was a little over 2 hours so afterwards we took my in-laws out to dinner at Marcella's on Polaris.

Dublin Market

View of part of the market from the parking garage 

Todd bought some bacon ranch sausage...

and I got my cheesecake pop to eat later

MaMa & PaPa with the girls

I snuck a view pics during the daddy daughter dance...





Family picture afterwards

Grandma & Grandpa with Lucy

MaMa & PaPa with Lucy & Cece

One more with my girls after she changed out of her costume for dinner

My in-laws left in the late morning on Sunday so Todd spent most of the afternoon doing yard work & working in the basement (I really think this is the same thing I say every weekend!) while I hung out with Lucy & Cece.  When Cece was down for her nap, Lucy & I went to Murphy's Park (she rode her bike & I walked) and once we got home & Cece was up, they spent quite a bit of time running around the backyard together "racing" each other.  Everyone was tired after dinner from the weekend so we all went to bed early to get ready for the week ahead.

Cece loves when Lucy reads to her in her crib

Cece played with the water table while Lucy put her costume on to dance around

About to go down the fireman's pole

Here she comes!

No comments: