Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January is Almost Over!

I'm so glad that January is winding down because it means we're slowly inching closer to warmer weather and being able to spend more time outside.  Unfortunately, we're currently still in the thick of winter and spent last weekend indoors.  In fact, we have a polar vortex coming tonight through Thursday where we're going be have negative temperatures (and I'm sure school will be cancelled) so that'll be fun.  

One of the local movie theaters is showing certain Disney movies for the next few weeks so on Friday, I took the girls to see The Little Mermaid.  It was Cece's first time at the movies (we didn't take Lucy until she was almost 4) and both girls had a great time.  Cece got a little antsy the last 15 minutes or so of the movie but once she sat on my lap, she was fine.  I think we might go again in a couple weeks when they show Tangled.  

We try to get out of the house at least once a day even when it's cold out so on Saturday we took the girls to play at the mall.  I also had a gift card for Gymboree that I needed to use (and have had since Cece was born!) since the store is going out of business.  Once we got home around lunch time, we stayed in the rest of the day.  While Cece napped (or I should say, sat in her crib since she decided not to take a nap), Lucy played with a few of her new toys she got for Christmas.  On Sunday morning, I took the girls to Shred415 with me while I worked out and then we went to the grocery store to give Todd a few hours to study and get some school work done.  Again, the rest of the day was spent at home playing and working on Valentine's Day cards.

The girls spend a lot of time at home playing together now and Friday morning was no exception as they played with some princess figurines

The Enchanted Tales Film Series lasts 4 weeks; The Little Mermaid was the first one they played last weekend; this weekend is Lilo & Stitch followed by Tangled and ending with Beauty & the Beast in mid-February

Outside the theater with coloring sheets (they were giving them to all the kids) and Lucy's holding her pretzels too

Both girls hanging out during the pre-previews (whatever all the ads are called before they dim the lights for the actual previews)

Cece LOVED the popcorn so I'm happy I have someone to share with now since Lucy doesn't like popcorn; Cece was so cute and couldn't keep her hands out of the bucket!

After the movie 

Playing at the mall on Saturday morning

While Cece "napped" upstairs, Lucy played with her "My First Fashion Designer" kit...

and we all worked on a puzzle together

I feel like I never take pictures on Sundays because typically we're running errands or knocking things off our to-do list; anyways, I managed to get one picture of the girls on Sunday afternoon while they were dressed up and practicing their performance they're planning on putting on for Todd & I for Valentine's Day

No comments: