- I wish more people talked about how hard those first 4-6 weeks with a newborn really are but I don't think you'd truly understand it until you experience it yourself and it makes me appreciate Lucy even more now that she's such a happy baby
- People are right when they say just wait until 6 weeks and your baby will be totally different...it's true, I feel like a light switched on around that time and Lucy started to figure things out
- There is no better feeling in the world than seeing your baby smile and hearing her coo
- I'm loving every day more & more as a mom now that Lucy is becoming more interactive and I can't wait to see how much she'll change in the next few months
- I was so ready to get back to work just a few weeks ago but now that I only have a few weeks left on maternity leave, it's going to be a lot harder to leave her....even if I'm only working 15-20 hours/week
- I feel like not enough moms make time for themselves and I always heard how it's so hard to shower & get ready once you have a baby. Well, I'd like to state for the record that I've showered every morning before 8:00 AM since she's been born and this has never been an issue. Granted, I'm crazy and get up extra early to work out & shower but hey, if that's what it takes than that's what I'm doing to do
- I should note though that getting up early is easier when your baby is sleeping 10-11 hours straight through the night....and yes, I never thought Lucy sleeping through the night would happen so quickly & I'm so thankful for that
- At the same time, it's kind of annoying to have to get up every night between 3:30-4:30 AM to pump since she is sleeping through the night
- I love to have a clean house and I'm already dreading the day she's more mobile and is getting into all kinds of toys because it probably means our house won't be as clean and there will be clutter
- It can be frustrating at times when Lucy gets fussy when other people hold her (even Todd sometimes!) but I'd be lying if I didn't say what a great feeling it is to know that she knows who I am and how she can calm down instantly as soon as I hold her
- I have never taken more photos than I have these past couple months...I think I take a minimum of 15-20 each day
- I love this little girl more than I could have ever imagined!
Smiling & cooing
Excited to cheer on the Buckeyes
Lucy doesn't know what to think about her winter hat & mittens
I love her knit pants that Todd's coworker made
Finally not crying during tummy time...it only took 2 months!
She looks like she's up to no good here
Look mom, I can hold my pacifier in my mouth!